Long-arm Centipede Giraffe (長手の百足 ジラフ, Long Arm Centipede Jirahu) is a mandatory Mini-Boss with two Deathblow Counters.
As the Sixth Prayer Necklace states, among Centipedes their leaders are called "long-arm" due to their claws.
Behaviour and Tactics
- Flurry: it will unleash a flurry of four swipes, slow down for a moment and then continue with another set of five swipes, before charging a stronger attack to finish the combo. If the final hit is deflected, he'll dash back, preparing to launch his Perilous Grip.
- Quick Slash: a shorter variant of his other combo, he'll now only throw three swipes in rapid succession and immediately follow it up with the Perilous Grip.
- Perilous Grip: He will extend his arms and swipe near the ground. Can be countered by jumping.
The fight is identical to that of the other Long-arm Centipede, but without any minion and in a more cramped room, as such performing consecutive deflections on the first four attacks of his Flurry combo, then on the latter five and ending with a deflection against his last hit, before jump-kicking his Perilous Grip will make short work of this Mini-Boss.
It's best to Jump-kick backward, since he may start executing his Quick Slash combo while Wolf is still vulnerable in mid-air.
Gokan's Sugar is recommended to not risk getting Posture broken mid-combo.
Like against the Corrupted Monk, the stagger of Shinobi Firecracker and Fistful of Ash doesn't have any cooldown on this Mini-Boss. The Mist Raven can be used to get behind him, to find a safe opportunity to use other Prosthetic Tools like the Flame Vent and the Sabimaru.
|+778 Skill Experience||122|
|Prayer Bead||Yellow Gunpowder x2|
- Depending on which order some Bosses are fought, Vengeful Apparitions may appear inside the shrine, once this Mini-Boss is defeated.
- He's one of the few non-apparition type Mini-Bosses that can't suffer a stealth deathblow.
- His original name could be read as "Jirahu" or "Jirafu", but it was translated to "Giraffe" probably because it's written in katakana.