Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze (葦名流 佐瀬甚助, Ashina School Sase Jinsuke) is an optional Mini-Boss with two Deathblow Counters.
He mostly fights with the Ashina Cross.
- Upper Tower - Ashina Dojo: inside the dojo.
Behaviour and Tactics
- Perilous Sweep: Sweeps the ground with his katana. Mostly used after he deflects some attack.
- Ashina Cross: Quick draws and slash twice rapidly.
- Retreat: slashes down and steps back concurrently. Mostly used after his Ashina Cross is deflected.
- Palm Strike: strikes with his palm before retreating to follow it up with Ashina Cross.
It's possible to remove one of his healthbar by consuming a Gachiin's Sugar and hugging the left wall while crouched: Jinsuke won't automatically aggro and will become vulnerable to a Stealth Deathblow.
Saze receives conspicuous amount of Posture damage from getting his Ashina Cross deflected: the Gokan's Sugar found right outside the Dojo or Ungo's Sugar can help practicing against this Mini-Boss without the risk of dying from a failed attempt at parrying him.
Given his more generous parry frames, the Loaded Umbrella is highly recommended for deflecting the Ashina Cross'.
If attacked after a successful deflection, he'll mostly deflect back and then throw his Perilous Sweep.
Whirlwind Slash can block Jinsuke in an infinite loop of deflecting and attempint to counter with his Perilous Sweep without being fast enough to avoid getting staggered by another immediate Whirlwind Slash.
Both Shadowrush and Shadowfall can be employed to safely kill him from a distance, since he won't be able to counter the first thrust, after which it's possible to rapidly create space from him by jump-kicking away.
|+314 Skill Experience||96|
|Prayer Bead||Heavy Coin Purse |
- As the first invasion of Ashina Castle by the Central Forces is triggered, this miniboss will disappear for the rest of the playthrough. However, the Prayer Bead that he would have dropped will still be available in the offering box next to Hanbei for 1500.